Wilfried Wils is an auxiliary policeman in Antwerp at the start of the Second World War. The city is in the grip of violence and distrust. Wilfried does what he can for himself, avoiding paths that are too slippery. He receives attention and material support from a man who has sided with the German occupier, Meanbeard, but he also enjoys the confidence of his anti-Nazi colleague Lode, brother to Wilfried’s love Yvette. Wilfried struggles to survive as the persecution of the Jews proceeds unabated.
They were times for ambiguity and contempt, and in that they do not differ from other times, which is to say they have not gone by.
Based on the bestselling novel by Jeroen Olyslaegers.
- Writer: Carl Joos
- Director: Tim Mielants
- Producers: Hans Everaert, Guy Goedgezelschap, Tomas Leyers, Jan Segers
- Production companies: a Lecter Scripted Media / Pollock & Bacon coproduction
- Coproducers: Les Films du Fleuve (BE), Topkapi Films (NL), K&K Selekt (PO)
- Cast: Stef Aerts, Matteo Simoni, Annelore Crollet, Kevin Janssens, Dirk Roofthooft, Dimitrij Schaad, Pierre Bokma
- Length: ca 110'
- Language: Dutch
- Shooting locations: Belgium, Poland
- Shooting period: May - July 2022
- Release: 2023